Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Crochet Easy Table Placemats





This will be my first time sharing this pattern, so if anything is confusing, feel free to ask or help correct my pattern! Thanks, Natasha (mnopxs2).

Supplies:
*Lily Sugar 'N Cream
5 skeins (Color A) of Daisy Ombre, or Color of your choice.
*Lily Sugar 'N Cream
1 Skein (Color B) of Mod Ombre, or color of your choice.
*Size U.S. H or 8 (5 mm) crochet hook or size
needed to obtain gauge. (My stitches are tight).
*Scissors
*Yarn Needle

Gauge 18sc x 19rows = 4” (again, my stitches are tight). Aim for a 10”x12” size.

Abbreviations:
Ch = chain stitch
Ch Sp = chain space
St = stitch
Sc = single crochet
Dc = double crochet
Sl St = slip stitch

Placemat:
With A, Ch 36
Row 1: Sc in 2nd st from hook, and each st across, ch 1, turn (35 Sc)
Row 2-47: Sc in each st across, ch 1, turn (35 Sc)
Row 48: Sc in each st across, changing to color B in the last sc, ch 3, turn (35 Sc)
Row 49: *Dc in next 35 sts, ch 2, working along the next side, Dc in next 48 sts *, ch 2, working along next side, repeat in between *'s 1 time. On last chain space, only chain 1, and join with a Sc in the corner, switching to A in the last sc.
Row 50: With A, Ch 1, Sc into the same ch 1 sp just created, *Sc in next 35 sts, (Sc, ch 2, Sc) in Ch Sp, Sc in next 48 sts, (Sc, ch 2, Sc) in Ch Sp* repeat in between *'s 1 time, in last corner, ch 1, join with a Sc in the corner.
Row 51: Ch 1, Sc into the same ch 1 sp jut created, *Sc in next 37 sts. (Sc, ch 2, Sc) in Ch Sp, Sc in next 50 sts (Sc, ch 2, Sc) in Ch Sp* repeat in between *'s 1 time, in last corner ch 2, join with Sl St to first SC, fasten off.
Should be 39x52 stitches (plus ch 1's in the corners).


Hide your strings and block as needed!


Thank you so so so much for reading my pattern!  Hope your project turns out wonderful!  -Natasha (mnopxs2).

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for posting the pattern & Tutorial. Making some for Christmas! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I would love to see a picture of you want to share! With your permisiion I can even share it on a crochet update video! Happy crocheting :)

      Delete
  2. Silly me! I haven't seen this until now! Awesome and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Silly me! I haven't seen this until now! Awesome and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking very professional and impressive to be make-over. Thank you very much.

    Cloth Drying Stand | Buy Ironing Boards Online| Buy Step Ladder Online

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can I use I Love This Cotton Yarn instead of the Sugar and Cream Yarn? I am assuming as long as it is cotton yarn it should work. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can use any yarn you wish! I think I love this Cotton is very similar and would work up the same. I prefer cotton for this project as acrylic can melt if it gets too hot.

      Delete
    2. I prefer the I Love This Cotton Yarn better than the Sugar N' Cream Yarn. I am going to start making a set of the placemats today. Thank you.

      Delete