Friday, July 29, 2016

Crochet Noway from Yo-Kai Watch!

Noway!






Am I done crocheting Yo-kai characters?  The answer is Noway!  I made this for my son Graham, this is one of his very favorite Yo-kai.  Some of the colors are off because I decided to use what I have at home, feel free to change any of them that you wish!  This pattern may be messy and has only been tested by me, so if anything is confusing, feel free to ask or help correct my pattern! Thanks, Natasha (mnopxs2).






I used all worsted weight yarn (you may use whatever you wish tho)  Feel free to use whatever colors you wish, I am just sharing the yarn I used. If you want I can look up the specific yarns I used for each color; I just used yarn I had at home.

Colors:
Navy Blue (Lower Body)
White (Body/Eyes)
Orange (Eyes)
Black (Lips/Eyeballs/Limbs)
Flesh/Cream (Limbs)
Gold (Sandals)
Blue (Roof)
Red (Mouth)

Size E-4/3.50mm crochet hook
Polyfil for stuffing
Pipecleaner (optional) for the arms (sorry I like my pipecleaners)
Scissors
Yarn Needle

*He came out about 7 1/2 inches tall for me (Head to Feet), but that will all depend on how tight or loose you crochet :)  He doesn't stand up very well, but is a cute plushie!

Abbreviations:

ch = chain stitch
st = stitch
SC = single crochet
SC2tog = single crochet 2 stitches together (sc decrease)
sl st = slip stitch
HDC = half double crochet
HDC2tog= half double crochet 2 stitches together (hdc decrease)
FPHDC = front post half double crochet
BPHDC = back post half double crochet
Bobble = I will walk you through it when we get there!  It is for the thumbs on his hand.






BODY:

In Navy Blue, ch 21
Rnd 1:  SC in 2nd ch from hook, SC in next 18 chs, in last/end ch (SC, ch 2, 2 SC, ch 2, SC) rotating around the chain as you go, now working on the opposite side of your chs,  SC in the next 17 chs, in last/end ch (SC, ch 2, 2 SC, ch 2, SC), rotating around the ch as you go, join to first SC, ch 1.  (This is working on the bottom of Noway!  I hope that all made sense, let me know ;), it should look like a long rectangle).
Rnd 2:SC in same st as join, SC in next 19 sts, in the next ch 2 space (SC, ch 2, SC), SC in next 2 sts, in the next ch 2 space (SC, ch 2, SC), SC in the next 20 sts, in the next ch 2 space (SC, ch 2, SC), SC in next 2 sts, in the next ch 2 space (SC, ch 2, SC),join.
Rnd 3: SC around in the Back Loops Only, and in between each ch stitch on the corners (2 SC), no join, continue in the round (60 SC)
Rnd 4-6: SC around (60 SC)
Rnd 7: In White, SC around (60 SC)
Rnds 8-11: SC around (60 SC)
Rnd 12: *SC in next 22 sts, 2 SC in next st, SC in next 6 sts, 2 SC in next st,  repeat from * once more (64 SC)Rnds 13-16: SC around (64 SC)
Rnd 17: *SC in next 24 sts, 2 SC in next st, SC in next 6 sts, 2 SC in next st,  repeat from * once more (68 SC)
Rnds 18-21: SC around (64 SC)
Rnd 22: *SC in next 24 sts, SC2tog, SC in next 6 sts, SC2tog,  repeat from * once more (64 SC)
Rnd 23: *SC in next 22 sts, SC2tog, SC in next 6 sts, SC2tog,  repeat from * once more (60 SC)
Rnds 24-25: SC around (60 SC)Fasten off, weave in ends, take a breath because you made it through the boring part!  If you feel like it, sew some latticework on the Navy bottom piece using white yarn... I found it very tedious, so skip it if you want to!






I decided to sew on my mouth before I stuffed his body.  I was nervous about making everything evenly.  You can sew your face before or after he is stuffed.  For his mouth I decided to try a different technique.  I will post the link here to the pinterest picture I used for inspiration.

https://au.pinterest.com/pin/394276142359264369/






EYES:
Row 1: In White make a magic ring and 4 sc into it.
Row 2: Change to Orange and turn.  2 SC in each st.  (8 SC)
Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing.  In Black sew some French Knots for eyeballs, try to make them smaller than mine tho :) I ended up tucking more of mine in, they turned out too large.

Add eyebrows the same way we worked the mouth!







ROOF SIDES:
Leaving 24 stitches evenly on the front and back, we will be making these little triangle pieces on the sides of Noway for the roof.

Row 1: In Blue, 6 HDC across, ch 2, turn (6 HDC)
Row 2: HDC2tog, HDC in next 2 sts, HDC2tog, ch 2, turn (4 HDC)
Row 3: 2 HDC2tog, ch 2, turn (2 HDC)
Row 4: HDC2tog (1 HDC)
Make 1 on each side!!!





ROOF TOP:
In Blue, ch 27
Row 1: Skipping the first ch, HDC across 26 chs (26 HDC)
Row 2: Ch 1, turn, HDC in first 2 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 4 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, FPHDC in the next st, HDC in the last 2 sts, ch 1, turn (26 HDC).   

That is a lot, so if this makes more sense P=post:  2, P, 3, P, 3, P, 4, P, 3, P, 3, P, 2.  I have the picture above so you can see the different sizes of the roof between posts.  I REALLY apologize if I have confused any of you!

Row 3:  Ch 1, turn, HDC in first 2 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 4 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the next 3 sts, BPHDC in the next st, HDC in the last 2 sts, ch 1, turn (26 HDC).   

This row we are just crocheting the opposite direction, working back post doubles instead of front posts.

Repeat Rows 2 and 3 for 9 more rows (12 rows total, ending on a Row 2).






Attach your roof to to Noway, using Half Double Crochets, forming the outer edge of a roof.   Make sure to stuff him ass you go!  When you finish with your first row of HDC, make another Row of HDC around so that the Roof hangs off more.






ARMS (make 2) Optional-add pipe cleaners into the arms for posing.  I know, I know!  I used them a lot!

Rnd 1: In Flesh/Cream, make a magic ring and work 6 SC in the ring, do not join. (We are beginning at the bottom of the hand)
Rnd 2: 2 SC in each st around (12 SC)
Rnds 3-5: SC in each st around (12 SC)
Rnd 6: SC in next 5 sts, work a bobble in our next st (*yarn over, insert hook into st, yarn over, pull up a loop, yarn over and pull through two loops only, leaving an unfinished double crochet on the hook, repeat from * 4 more times.  You should have 6 loops now on your hook, yarn over and pull through all 6.), SC in next 6 sts (12 SC)
Rnd 7: *SC in the next 4 sts, SC2tog, repeat from * once more (10 SC)
Rnd 8: SC2tog around (5 SC)
Rnds 9-10: SC around (5 SC)
Rnds 11-12: In Black, SC around (5 SC)
Fasten off and leave a long enough tail to attach to your body.  I added piped cleaners into my hands to make it easier to pose, and then I sewed them onto the sides of his body.






LEGS (make 2)

In Black, leave a long tail for sewing (we are starting at the top of the leg), Ch 10, join making a circle, ch 1
Rnd 1: SC around (10 SC)
Rnds 2-4: In Flesh/Cream SC around (10 SC)
Rnd 5: SC in next 4 sts, 2 sc in the next 2 sts, SC in the next 4 sts (12 SC)
Rnd 6: SC in next 5 sts, 2 sc in the next 2 sts, SC in the next 5 sts (14 SC)
Rnd 7: SC in next 6 sts, 2 sc in the next 2 sts, SC in the next 6 sts (16 SC)
Rnd 8: SC in next 7 sts, 2 sc in the next 2 sts, SC in the next 7 sts (18 SC)
Fasten off.  Now work the Sandals.

SANDALS (make 2)


In Gold, Ch 7
Rnd 1: SC in 2nd ch from hook, SC in next 4 chs, in last ch work 3 sc while turning to work the opposite side of the ch, SC in next 4 chs, 2 SC in last ch (14 SC)
Rnd 2. SC in next 4 sts, 2 SC in next 4 sts, SC in the next 6, join (18 SC)
Fasten off, leaving a tail for sewing to our leg.  Stuff foot and sew on the sandal.  With Black, Ch 10 and attach to the foot for the rest of the sandal.






YOU MADE IT!!!! Sorry, this must be the most difficult/weird one I have made thus far!  Now all that is left is putting together your Doll!  Thank you so so so much for reading my pattern!  Hope your project turns out wonderful!  -Natasha (mnopxs2).












3 comments:

  1. Muchas gracias, te encontré por casualidad en youtube, y me encanta todo lo que haces.
    a mi nieto le encanta yo-kai-, muchas gracias.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the kind words! I uope your Yo-kai crochet turn out beautiful!

      Delete